Friday, November 7, 2008

What a big girl!


I came to the realization today that Bekah is getting too big. I knew it was bound to happen eventually, but when did my baby girl grow up? Did I blink?? Today we left the house, not with a baby doll as usual, but with a purse and sunglasses because "I don't want the sun to hurt my eyes." And inside the purse: a cell phone, a hair brush, a play spoon, a small dog from her dollhouse, and an extra pair of sunglasses. She had all her supplies and she was ready to go. The kitty cat is standard because "I'm 'lergic to kitties" so she has a pretend kitty to keep her company.
For those of you with little girls, don't blink...they grow up so fast! I'm certain that tomorrow she'll be back to carting her baby doll (and the stroller, diaper bag, blanket, etc that goes with it) all over creation, but for today I had a real grown up big girl on my hands. What am I going to do in a year and a half when she goes to kindergarten??

2 comments:

TeamRiss said...

I started laughing when I saw that she had a plastic spoon in her purse. Awesome...she looks just like you!

susan hollier said...

She does look just like Amy Higgins! How adorable...What a cool girl! Love,GG