Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Phones do not swim

This post is a public service announcement for all of you who either do not yet have children, or who's children are not yet old enough to be left unattended (and for those of us "experienced" moms who sometimes let the kids play without supervision...shame, shame).


Today I was trying to catch up on some household chores since I've been feeling pretty lousy lately and several things needed to get done. So, I turned on cartoons for Caleb and Bekah, and left them to their own devices. I was in the closet sorting through clothes, when Bekah comes running in and says "Caleb put the phone in the potty! I didn't do it Mommy." She has to be sure I know that SHE was being good, lol. So, I went out to investigate, and sure enough, Caleb had put the cordless phone in the toilet. Apparently there was a commercial on Noggin that showed a little boy putting a phone in a toilet, and Caleb thought it would be fun to try it. I rolled up my sleeves, and put my hand in the toilet (ohmygosh) and tried to get the phone out. No such luck...I guess he tried to flush the toilet after putting the phone in there, because it is wedged in there and I couldn't get it to even budge. Well, I called Bryan, who was none-too-pleased, and told him he'll have to deal with it when he gets home.


The aerial view, and then the close up. Yes, that is the speaker on the back of the phone sticking out of the hole in the toilet. Bekah informed me, as my hand is in there, "Mommy, my poop was in there." Thankfully it had been flushed before the phone was put in there.



After that, I took a little survey of the rest of the house, and this is what I found. It appears that I need to do any household chores AFTER the kids go to bed. I could have sworn the kids had grown out of stuff like this! They are currently banished to the backyard until I stop fuming (or until Daddy gets home...whichever comes first).

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL I feel your pain!!!