Friday, May 8, 2009

Today's Doctors Appointment

I went to the doctor today for my 36 week checkup, and everything looks good. She's still head-down (has been since at least 20 weeks) and she's still a girl (yeah!). My cervix is still closed and high (TMI?) and the doctor thinks I will get to at least 37 weeks. I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not, but I guess it's better for her to stay in as long as she needs to.

The problem is that Bekah and Caleb have recital rehearsal on Tuesday evening, and they both have their recitals next weekend. I'm really afraid that I'll go into labor and miss their recitals! Caleb's is Saturday night and Bekah's is Sunday afternoon, so if Emery is going to wait then I need her to wait until after about 5:00 next Sunday. That will put me at 37 1/2 weeks, and I'm just hoping she can hold out that long.

Also, since I can't be induced because of going for the VBAC, if she waits too long and gets too big then I end up with a c-section. Not that "big" has been an issue with any of our kids ;-)

Thanks for the support!!


Robin said...

Yeah! 36 weeks is great! I hope you get to 37 1/2 weeks like you are hoping.

Rachael and Chris said...

I'll be hoping for after 5 on Sunday!!! :)
LOVE the rollerskating videos and Bekah with your dad on the tractor thing is just too cute.