Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stray Dogs


We had 3 pit bulls that broke our back fence and came into our yard. I had just gotten my kids and dogs inside moments before the pit bulls broke the fence, so it was very lucky that no one was hurt. I called Animal Control and they came to get the dogs, and said they would be issuing a citation to the owners (who weren't home at the time). I do not know for sure what will happen from here, but I did file a police report about the broken fences (they broke 2 sections of our fence). They also broke the fence between my house our neighbor's house next door, so Bryan got to repair both of them on Tuesday night after this happened.

The dogs originally came from the neighbors behind our next-door neighbors, broke into the people's yard behind us, then into our yard, and finally into our next door neighbors (I wondered if they might get confused and break back into their own backyard to make a full circle). I did tell all the kids in the cul-de-sac that afternoon to go inside because I was afraid they might break out of the front of my yard and get to our street. Thankfully they were content in my yard and stayed there until Animal Control came to get them.



It was a scary afternoon, but I'm really glad it ended well. I hope that the dogs don't get to come back, but if they do you can bet I'll be calling Animal Control as soon as I see them coming the next time!

No comments: