Monday, January 5, 2009

Pregnancy Induced Insomnia

I'm getting to that fun part of pregnancy where things really start to change. I'm starting to feel the baby kicking, I'm close to finding out what the sex will be, and my belly is actually starting to look more pregnant than fat. But with this baby, things seem to be changing much differently than ever before. Those who know me know how much I LOVE to sleep. I used to go to bed at 9:00 and sleep until noon, take a 3 hour nap, and be back in bed by 9. Throughout high school, college, and my early married life, I would give up pretty much anything to take a nap or sleep in.

Of course, pregnancy brings with it all kinds of fun symptoms, and the newest one I have is INSOMNIA. And not just a little bit of it...I'm talking not going to bed until 3 am and waking up at 7:00 not tired at all. On the one hand, I'm getting a lot of internet research done and I have tons of energy throughout the day. On the other hand....I WANT TO SLEEP!!!


I often envy my children who can fall alseep in the car as soon as we're out of the driveway. Or my husband who can fall asleep in his chair, take a 20 minute nap, and feel amazingly refreshed. I'm ever hopeful that this symptom, much like morning sickness, will go away in time. But from what I understand from other moms, this may be indicative of what the baby's sleep patterns will be. I may be carrying around a night owl who will never nap...what am I going to do??


The princess before (notice the crown, bracelet, purse, princess baby doll, and necklace that she HAD to have before we could leave the house :-)

The princess after about 5 seconds in the car (no kidding...we hadn't even made it out of our neighborhood). I'm so jealous!!

No comments: