Friday, December 26, 2008

What Happens When Mom Sleeps In

(This happened Monday...I'm a bit behind in my postings).
You'd think I'd learn by now. You'd think I'd know that even at almost 4 and almost 5, my kids younger kids cannot be left alone for more than a few seconds. Especially after the phone-in-the-toilet incident not too long ago. You'd think I'd learn my lesson. But, no. I have had a slight cold the last week or so, Bryan was at work, and Devin was out of town with his nanny, so I figured the little kids would be okay if I left my door open and tried to sleep in a few minutes longer. I thought they were happily eating breakfast and watching cartoons. Apparently I need to pay closer attention to my little artist. This is what I woke up to find:

Yes, that is a drawing in pink marker. Yes, it is on my carpet. No, I don't know what it is. Rebekah said it was a picture of me. At least it was washable marker, and not a black sharpie like Caleb used a couple of years ago to draw me a remarkably similar picture on my desk (that one is still there, by the way). I guess we're getting wood floors sooner than we thought!

1 comment:

Amanda B said...

OMG, Amy! That is too funny. I mean, it's not funny, but it is funny. I can only imagine the look on your face when you saw it!